USD 237 Smith Center
USD 237 will develop positive relationships between school and community to improve learning environments.
USD 237 will create systems where students' individual needs are met through a responsive culture.
Board of Education Goals:
- To remain financially sound and explore alternative sources of funding and support for the district
- To improve student achievement and provide the best education possible
- To retain and attract quality staff and students
- To provide a safe environment where discipline is emphasized and school policies are followed
- To provide support and mentoring for new teachers
- SCE staff will work collaboratively with outside resources to develop relationships between and among students, staff, and the community.
- Decrease student retention and office referrals for behavior
Jr./Sr. High School Goals:
- Students will participate and utilize community resources to improve partnerships and student performance.
- Building leaders will develop a system for students to demonstrate employability skills in the real world.